Don’t wait till it’s too late to conserve water26/01/2022 3:40am
With a warmer than average summer predicted for Nelson, it’s important to start thinking now about ways we can conserve water.
The earlier we begin conserving, the longer we may have before water restrictions are needed.
Nelson City Council has a list of easy water saving tips that we can all use to help conserve water. Remember, every drop helps.
- Put a bowl in the sink when washing your vegetables, then reuse the water on your garden
- Choose drought-tolerant trees and plants for your garden
- Avoid watering your garden or crops during the heat of the day
- Compost mulch around trees and shrubs
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth
- Wash the car using a bucket rather than a hose
- Stick to shorter showers
- Put a bottle full of water in your toilet cistern to reduce flush water
- Fix any dripping taps