Media Club puts Pop-up Park through its paces15/10/2020 11:43am
The Nelson Public Libraries Media Club took a trip to the pop-up park on Halifax Street recently.
They caught up with Our Nelson to talk about their experience.
Our Nelson: What did you think of the pop-up park?
- “We’re turning into three year olds again, it’s so fun!” – Lucy
- “Better than expected” – Sam
- “It’s so colourful” – Sam
- “It’s beautiful” – Mia
- “I’m Queen of the Playground” - Isla (when assembling a throne out of the blocks)
- “We don’t want to leave” – Claudia
Our Nelson: Is there anything else you would like to see at the pop-up park?:
While the media club enjoyed their outing, they also had some other suggestions for making the area even better.
- An ice cream cart
- Two basketball hoops
- Shade sails
- Need more blue blocks
- We want a cosy corner or a container with comfy seats, books and little lights in it
- Mum wants a coffee cart
- What about climbing equipment (like a rock climbing wall)
Our Nelson: Overall, how did you rate the pop-up park?
- Five out of five stars