Second-Hand Sunday returns in August27/07/2021 11:02am
The next Second-Hand Sunday is on Sunday 15 August in the Nelson and Tasman regions, offering you the opportunity to pick up that highly prized freebie or get rid of items you don’t need anymore.
If you have items you want to give away, simply register on the Nelson City Council website to make sure you get onto the list of participating addresses, print off a poster from our website (or pick one up from Council's Customer Service Centre) and put it on your mailbox on the day.
Second-Hand Sunday starts at 10am, so put your unwanted goods on your driveway (not on the footpath), with the poster on display.
The list of participants will be available for download from the Nelson City Council website, or from our Customer Service Centre from 12pm on Friday 13 August.
Pick up a list and head out to enjoy some treasure hunting (you don’t need to register to participate).
The event will take place rain or shine, but please respect the 10am start time.
Homeowners are responsible for taking back in anything that doesn't go on the day.
For further information, go to nelson.govt.nz/second-hand-sunday
What to do - checklist
- Sort and collect your items.
- You can also register your address on our website before 10am the Friday prior, to go onto the participating households list.
- You will be able to download the participant list from our website the Friday before from 12pm. It will also be available from Council.
- Print the letterbox poster from our website to show on the day if you are getting rid of items.
- Put your items on your driveway.
- Bring in any remaining items at the end of the day.